Check out the latest video in our Brew Guide Series.
Starring Rumble’s own Stan Bicknell, they show you the step-by-step process of how to get the best out of your coffee.
- Rumble Coffee
- Paper filter
- Freshly ground coffee
- Hot water
- Cold filtered water
- Setup: Grab the filter holder and remove the diffuser from the top. Place the paper filter in the basket, making sure it’s even around the sides.
- Put the filter holder back into the moccamaster and move the spout to the side. Rinse the paper filter with your hot water. Let the water drain through to warm up the carafe, then pour the water out.
- Check that the filter is still evenly placed.
- Grind: Add fresh, coarse ground (think raw sugar) coffee to the moccamaster. (Use 60g of coffee per 1l of water)
- Tap the holder to make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Brew: Add your filtered water to the reservoir.
- Turn the moccamaster on (make sure the spout is back over the centre of the grounds).
- Once you can hear the water boiling and see it come out, push start on your timer.
- When the coffee is saturated give it a gentle stir with your spoon.
- Put your diffuser back on.
- Aim for a six minute brew time but anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 is fine. If it is outside that window then adjust your grind.
- Pour: Grab the carafe and give it a swirl, pour into your vessel and enjoy.
For more info and handy brew videos check out our brew guides.
Don’t forget to come back to check out our next videos for Aeropress, V60 and Stovetop. Or sign up to our newsletter to get them right in your inbox.