Check out the latest video in our Brew Guide Series.
Starring Rumble’s own Stan Bicknell, they show you the step-by-step process of how to get the best out of your coffee.
- Element/Hot Plate
- Freshly ground coffee
- Hot filtered water
- Setup: Grab the filter from the base of the stovetop and place the funnel inside.
- Grind: Add fresh, fine to medium ground (think caster sugar) coffee to the stovetop filter. (Use 7.5g of coffee per 100ml of water-for 1 cup try 15g for 200ml)
- Tap the filter holder to level out the ground coffee and remove any air pockets.
- Brew: Use hot filtered water for a shorter brew time
- Pour the hot water into the base of the stovetop.
- Insert the filter with the ground coffee back into the stovetop and screw on the top piece, making sure it’s tight.
- Place on your hotplate and turn it on.
- Listen to the brew, when you hear it bubbling/brewing turn the element off.
- Take the stovetop off the element and leave for a minute or so to finish brewing.
- Pour: Once you hear the brewing stop, pickup the stovetop, pour into your vessel and enjoy. Stovetop can be quite strong so add more water if needed.
For more info and handy brew videos check out our brew guides.
Don’t forget to come back to check out our next videos for Aeropress, V60 and Stovetop. Or sign up to our newsletter to get them right in your inbox.