Check out the first video in our Brew Guide Series.
Starring Rumble's own Stan Bicknell, they show you the step-by-step process of how to get the best out of your coffee.
- Rumble Coffee
- French Press/Plunger
- Filtered Boiling Water
- Bowl and two spoons
- Setup: Pre-heat plunger with boiling water and then tip it out. Lift the lid off your plunger and pre-heat with boiling water to bring to temperature. Empty the water and discard.
- Grind: Put the plunger/french press on the scales.
- Add fresh ground, medium coarse coffee to the plunger. Use 6g of coffee per 100ml of water. (15g per 250ml for 1 cup and 30g per 500ml for 2 cups)
- Brew: Add 95℃ water (a good way to do this is to let a freshly boiled kettle sit for 45 secs and then pour). Pour with vigour to and make sure you get all the grounds wet. Place the lid of the plunger on top to keep the heat in but DO NOT PUSH DOWN. Set your timer for 4 minutes and push start.
- At 4 mins gently break the crust with your spoon and move the coffee around so it falls to the bottom. Then scoop the remaining foam off with two spoons. Place the plunger back on top to keep the heat in but DO NOT PUSH DOWN. Set your timer for another 4 minutes.
Pour: When the timer goes off, slowly PUSH THE PLUNGER DOWN. Pour and enjoy.
For more info and handy brew videos check out www.rumblecoffee.com.au/brew-guides
Don’t forget to come back to check out our next videos for Aeropress, V60 and Stovetop. Or sign up to our newsletter to get them right in your inbox.