Check out the last video in our Brew Guide Series.
Starring Rumble's own Stan Bicknell, this is the step-by-step process of how to get the best out of your coffee with the Aeropress.
- Scales and timer
- Funnel and stirrer
- Freshly ground coffee
- Vessel (like a Rumble mug)
- Hot filtered water
- Setup: Grab the cap off the aeropress and place the filter inside.
- Pull the aeropress apart, screw the cap back in and place on top of your cup.
- Pour hot water into the press to rinse the filter and preheat the vessel.
- Put the top of your aeropress in and push down to remove all the water (you can leave the water in the cup to keep it warm).
- Take the cap of the aeropress off and pull the press back untill it is 1 cm from the top
- Place your funnel in the top of the press.
- Grind: Pour fresh, medium to fine ground (think caster sugar) coffee in the funnel. (Use 7.5g of coffee per 100ml of water so 15g to 200ml water).
- Tare the scales.
- Brew: Add 95 °C water (a good way to do this is to let a freshly boiled kettle sit for 45 secs and then pour).
- Start your timer and pour in 200ml of water.
- Use your stirrer to gently stir the brew and insure all the coffee is saturated.
- Push the press down slightly to remove any air and place the cap back on.
- Empty the water from your cup and allow the coffee to brew for 45 seconds.
- Invert the press by flipping it over and placing it on top of your cup. (Be careful)
- Swirl the press gently to ensure the coffee is all saturated.
- Pour: After a total brew time of 2 minutes push down, stopping just before the bottom, now your coffee is ready to enjoy!
Check out our other videos for V60, Stovetop and French Press/Plunger in our Brew Guides section. Or sign up to our newsletter for all the latest Rumble news right to your inbox.